Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Its been a little while...

I havn't been good in the pictures department so I don't have any for this post...I promise next time!  Doug is off this week, well from milking anyhow, so we have a new schedule for the week.  He goes up to the barn, around 4:00 pm, to feed out the mix for the big cows and then comes home around 4:30pm.  Then I go up and do all the heifer chores and clean stalls.  I LOVE it, and he loves that he gets time with the girls.   He has Madalyn out playing in the snow...not sure how he accomplished that, but hey at least he did!  He has supper ready and girls fed when I get home around 7ish.  Its kinda nice for him to have a break from the barn and more time with the girls, and nice for me to have some time with my big babies!  Last night Marissa went up with him to feed mix out to the big cows and plow all the driveways.  I think this is the biggest job perk.  If the girls want to they can go with him and if they get sick of it or cold, Doug can just bring them home!  So nice!!!  I doubt they will be going to the barn or playing outside for the next couple days as its suppose to be VERY cold!  Doug nor I are excited about the cold temps, but at least he isn't milking and can stay pretty much in the warm heifer barn.  I guess thats it for now...I'll post again soon with pictures!

No comments: