Friday, November 4, 2016

Prayers of a child

I have a couple of hard-core prayer warriors on my hands.

I don't remember all the specific details of when I was a kid.  Was I a prayer warrior too?  I have a lot of memories, but some of those details I just don't have.  Maybe being a prayer warrior is something every child is blessed with?  I don't know.  What I do know is that if the girls catch wind of someone that has a need, it gets added to the list.  Whether its breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime, or sometime in between, the whole list is included.  The FAITH that they have is incredible.  I wish I had half of it, honestly.  They know that God doesn't answer things the way they want, when they want, yet they don't pray that way.  Whether it be someone that has a burden for their kids' souls, a desire for a baby, a healthy pregnancy, the adoption...(or more specifically a baby boy), or safety from fires (which Marissa has faithfully been praying about since she was probably 2!), each and everyone is brought before the Lord with such care and surety.  
Honestly, I feel honored that one of my heart's desires is included in their prayers.  
My prayer as they grow is that they won't lose their child like faith, especially when it comes to praying.  
We need more prayer warriors today like the girls!

1 comment:

Hope Filled Journey said...

Awe that's great!!! AMEN! Gods got great things stirred up in them.