Friday, June 27, 2014

I'm back!

I'm back and FINALLY feel like I'm caught up on everything here around the house that needed to be done.  So now I can update this ;)
We had an awesome day at Darien Lake.  God was so good in giving us beautiful weather.  It's tough when you plan a day like that so far out in advance.  Yet God was gracious and very warm, but bearable day.  There were quite a few people there, but while we were in the main park, they were in the water park and when we headed to that area, they headed home!  God is good!  We were able to take full advantage of both the dry and wet rides!  
So the big thing this year was the Moto Coaster.  Both girls really wanted to ride it.  We knew that it was going to be iffy with Madalyn.  You have to be 48 inches to ride and she is 47 1/2.  When we got there there was no way she was going to get on.  She took it well though and Doug and her left to find some rides to ride while I waited in line with Marissa, Mom and Dad.  Marissa LOVED it and we decided that we would be sure and come back to ride it a second time before the day was done.  
While Doug and Madalyn were on their rides, they were told by a ride operator that he could take Madalyn to the front to be officially measured.  They would give her a bracelet with her height and she would be good to go the rest of the day.  So we decided to do that before we headed home for lunch.  Sure enough, they measured her at 47 1/2.  The guy was so nice and said she was close enough and marked her for 48!  Madalyn was so thrilled.  
We headed back to the camper for lunch, changed into our swim suits and then headed for the water park.  It was such a nice day for it.  We were ready to be cooled off!  The girls loved the water rides.  The lazy river I think was their favorite although, I'm not sure how "lazy" it is when you ride it with the two of them ;)  They also loved the slides and the "toilet bowl" as Marissa calls it...I'm not sure what it is actually called, but it is a pretty thrilling ride and I was and am so shocked that it was one of her favorites.  
After spending a few hours in there, we headed to get dry so we could head for the Moto Coaster.  

Madalyn was pleased as punch waiting in line.  This was her first official coaster.  Marissa just kept telling her how awesome it was.  

The ride operator was so nice, although I'm pretty sure she didn't speak a lick of English.  She made up for it with her thumbs up and huge smiles!  She helped Madalyn get ready and looked for her when we got back after the ride was done to see how she did.  She did well through the ride, but I think she was a little unsure of it when we were finished.  I asked her if she wanted to ride again and she said ummm, no!  I explained that it is a lot better the second time because you know what to expect.  She agreed to do it one last time.  
Well that one last time turned into 6 more times!  I wasn't sure we were ever going to get her off it!  I wish I could have actually gotten a picture with her on it.  Boy did she look little!  

It's so exciting to see my kids grow and mature and start to enjoy things that we enjoy.  It sure does make a trip like that so much more enjoyable!  
I'll have pictures and more information on Monday's update!

No comments: