Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Monster Surprise!!!

So here is your first hint on our new surprise....


No it isn't a horse!  LOL  Doug and I decided it was time to expand our fur family again.  We both wanted another big dog to complete us and so we put both feet in and went with a Great Dane.  We decided to keep this decision from the kids and make it a surprise.  Our trip became a little bit more interesting when the breeder we chose had pups available and ready for pick up in Ohio.  Since we were stopping to see my brother on the way home, our only option was to pick her up on our way through.  So that is what we did.  I videoed the surprise announcement to the kids, but didn't get the response I was hoping for.  Madalyn didn't surprise me a ton because she clams up in front of people she doesn't know.  

The bummer was about 2 mins after I shut the video off, realizing I wasn't going to get the response I was hoping for, the breeder asked what we were going to name our puppy.  Marissa responded with, "Wait, we are taking her home?"  The whole initial conversation apparently went right over her head!  LOL  And I missed it on video!  Oh well, what can you do!
So this is Molly, a purebred mantle great dane...

As soon as we got out of the door and away from the house a bit, Madalyn asked if she could hold her.



...and was tickled pink when she fell asleep on her like this
...for about 5 minutes until her arm under Molly fell asleep!  LOL
So far we couldn't ask for a better puppy.  Chloe has really taken to her.  She initiates play time and has even started cleaning her ears like she did Case's.  People think we are crazy, but so far she has proved to be the right puppy for us!

No comments: