Friday, March 14, 2014

Beautiful Wedding

The real reason we drove all the way to Louisiana was to see my best friend get married!  I was worried when she told me they had set a date this year that we were not going to be able to make it.  However, God really moved stuff and allowed things to happen to make this possible.  I was so thankful that we were able to make it!  It was great to be able to meet her new husband and see them all again!  Being able to be there with her on that day was so incredible.  We went through so many 2 am phone calls, many rough conversations and a lot of nights and days of me worrying about her and the kids.  It was amazing to see them all so happy and content!!!  Thanks for making us a part of that day and for helping us feel so apart of your family! 

Enough of the emotional stuff...
Doug has severe jealousy issues with the location of the wedding and reception.  It was at an old saw mill and he has now decided that we need to have our vows renewed there!  LOL







I headed out early the day of the wedding to help Amanda get some things done and get ready for the big day.  Doug took over camera duties so you could all see photos :)

Reggie, waiting so patiently for his bride!


Joyanna did so great walking down the isle all by herself!  I was very impressed.  Of course this is also when the water works started :/  



Amanda's grandma and brother

Her sister, grandma and mom

Her sister and brother in law


Myself, lol and a friend of Reggie's


These are a little blurry but way to cute to cut out :)  
Jennifer and the little ring bearer did such a great job as well!


I was so glad Doug got these shots!  He knew she was coming soon :)

And this was the shot of him seeing her for the first time!  I love it!

She looked so beautiful!  Her son walked her down the isle and gave her away...more water works!




I love these shots of her...


Especially this one!





They did a great job of involving the kids in the whole day/night.  It was probably one of my favorite things about the whole wedding. 

















And its official!!!



I wish I would have gotten a video of the first dance.  
Amanda danced with her kids to the Hokie Pokie and then Reggie joined in.  
It was the cutest thing ever!
A big thanks to Amanda's family for taking us in and treating us as their own.  It made it rough leaving because of it, but hopefully it won't be too long before we see them all again!

No comments: