Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just when you think you can't do it...


Ever had one of those days where you just wanted to throw the towel in and be done?
Ever wondered if things where ever going to come together and be the way they are "supposed to be" ?  
Have you ever noticed that when we feel our lowest, something or someone always comes through and uplifts us?  Lately I feel like I'm on a roller coaster that just never stops. The ups and downs of life are almost enough to make me sick.  I don't know about you, but I have the answers, if only He would listen to me!  But do I really?  I love the saying above.  True prayer is wanting God's Will for our lives, not just requesting Him to do as we want.  
Doug and I have been living in two separate households during the week since August 2011.  When he first took the job he loved the job but HATED being away.  Then God gave him a single guy, about his age, that was looking for a roommate.  They go to church together and share that common faith.  Since that time we have learned that although we still don't know what His plans are for us, we have grown a tremendous amount not only individually in the Lord, but together as a couple as well.  How awesome is that?!  He hasn't left us and abandoned us, as I sometimes feel.  
When we hit that wall and don't think we can move another inch because there is no opening to push through, He provides one. 


I'm a planner and a fixer.  It's my nature to "make the world go round".  Realistically right now if I just let go and went with the flow this process would be a whole lot simpler.  I'm learning and growing through this.  Maybe that is His plan all along!  One thing I am sure, I am not alone in this.  He is right beside me, walking me through and even carrying me when times get the toughest. 


I am making a new goal to get up early, spend some time with the Lord in prayer and devotion and ask Him for strength for THAT day, not all the days I have left until I get what I want.  :)  
It seems like when I get really down, I almost run from Him, instead of to Him.  I slack on my praying and reading and claim that I am "too busy".  I want to get out of the poor me attitude and start thanking God for what He has and will do in my life.  I have a lot to be thankful for and I know that isn't going to stop anytime soon.  
I will never be the Mom and Wife that I'm supposed to be until I fully give my life to the Lord and quit trying to "fix" things and make them the way they "should" be.


1 comment:

Me said...

I know this feeling well. . . and it always amazes me how HARD it is to just. . . let God work! Just to trust! It SHOULD be so simple, but it isn't. At all. I'm glad that you're working on this and making progress. One day you'll look back, and just like in the poem, you'll see that He has been there all along. I don't know why it's so easy to see in retrospect, when we're so blind in the moment!