Monday, January 9, 2012

7 Years :)

Sunday, Doug and I celebrated 7 years of marriage.  I would be lying if I said that every second of those 7 years were blissful.  However, I'm amazed each and every day at the growth and maturity that our marriage has taken.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't say we were mature. :)  But our marriage definitely has matured, especially over the past year and a half.  I look back now and I get it.  I see where we could have handled things differently, better even.  But, as always, we don't see those things until we are on the other side.  We still have a long way to go.  I can't wait to spend the rest of my life perfecting it <3  
Saturday, we celebrated our Anniversary, since Sunday is on the busy side.  Seeing as Doug isn't home much these days, we opted for taking the kids with us.  We headed to Syracuse and walked around the Carousel Mall, ate at Olive Garden and then went to see Lights on the Lake.  We had a blast.  The kids got a little spoiled at the Disney Store, Mommy and Daddy got to do some window shopping, the food was great, and we FINALLY made it to see the lights!  We have been saying we were going to go for years but until this year, it never happened!  You know how that goes ;)  
I'm so blessed!  God really is good!  
Now my goal for year #8 is to have the same address ;)  LOL   

2 comments:

Kendall said...

Congratulations on 7 years!!! :) Dave and I are right(okay...about 8 months) behind you! Good luck on the same address thing. ;)

Me said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!