Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm dedicating this post to my forever soul mate!

Doug and I met in 2003 and I never in a million years would have guessed that 8 years later we would be best friends for life and soul mates.  I have always known I have loved him with my whole heart, but  over the past month I have realized that our relationship is at a whole different level.  About a month ago, Doug took a new job 2 1/2 hours away from our home.  Currently we are living two different lives, reunited on the weekends.  As the weeks go on, good bye for 5 days gets harder and harder.  I was so sure it would get easier, but I was wrong.  Now I know that we are not the only ones that have done this, are doing this, nor are we the only ones that will ever do this.  Right now my sister-in-law Cristale is separated by a million miles from my brother.  Only they don't get to see each other on weekends...instead they are separated for at least 7 months solid.  When I'm having a tough day, I stop and think about them and realize I'm being selfish.  It's still hard though.  So much in our lives is changing and we don't have control on the timing.  I know that the Lord will guide and direct us, but the patience part is hard.  For now, I need to trust and wait on Him.  Knowing that so many people are lacking what we have, makes me thankful that although we may be separated by some miles for the weekdays, we have something special and no one can take that from us.  We truly are blessed and I'm just now starting to realize how much...
I love you Douglas Benedict <3  :) 





No comments: