Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I have finally learned to sew and it has brought out my crafty side!

I decided to ask for money from my parents and grandparents this year for my birthday and Christmas and buy my own sewing machine.  I did some researched and chose this one.  I have never really been crafty, but we need curtains, and some repairs need to be done around the house.  Besides my mother-in-law and myself are making purses and looking to sell them for a little extra.  We could get more accomplished if we both run machines.  
 I didn't actually use my machine to repair these chairs.  But I'm not sure I would have attempted it before my crafty side started coming out.  These are our dining room chairs.  I should have taken a before and after picture, but its a little late for that now!  I'm VERY happy with how they turned out.  They were pretty much rags on there before and shredded pretty good too.
 Marissa is going to be the death of us financially!  LOL  Just kidding, but she is really bad on jeans or any type of pants.  They last her about a week average before they start to really show some wear and then the holes start coming.  I have gotten really sick of it.  So I decided to start making my own patches.  They turned out adorable I thought and Marissa absolutely LOVES them!

1 comment:

Me said...

Three cheers for the crafty side! :) I'm a huge fan of doing things like that. I have if not that sewing machine, a similar one from the same company - it is a good choice for a beginner. I love mine - even though I'm still working on the whole learning how to sew thing.

Can't wait to see more of your fun projects!