Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving is right around the corner...


What are your plans?  
This year we are hosting Thanksgiving at our house.  Two army wives and their 6 kids are coming to spend it with us.  I think this is the first time I will have cooked the turkey by myself...I'm pretty sure my Mom is going to be sick of hearing from me that morning!  LOL  
It's kinda fun because everyone has their own traditions.  And this year we get to combine the traditions of three families.  I'm excited to see if any rub off and stick with us!  
I'm cooking the turkey and gravy, stuffing and squash.  I'm also making pumpkin pie, and serving pickles, olives and cranberry sauce - without the berries ;).  The other wives are bringing potatoes, rolls, cranberry salad, corn, green bean casserole , sweet potatoes, Twinkie pie, and gingerbread cake.  I think we should have plenty of food!!!  I'm hoping to top the day off with an evening of games and chit chat.  Unfortunately Doug has to milk cows, but hopefully he will be able to partake in most of the festivities.  
Great news is.....he is not milking on Christmas!!!  
So what are your plans for Thanksgiving???     

1 comment:

Me said...

Sounds like it's going to be a crazy busy and fun time at your place! This will be the third year in a row that my little family gets to spend Thanksgiving all by ourselves, and we're thrilled about it. The holidays always are so full of running around and having to be everywhere, we took back Thanksgiving to stay in with just those of us that live here. My siblings will prolly stop by for some after-dinner pie. :) I'm thankful for CALM!