Monday, November 15, 2010

Photos...

I realized that I was in dire need of some updated "good" photos of the girls!  Knowing that I'm going to need to get a few Christmas cards out got me up and moving in that direction I think! ;)  Speaking of those cards, I picked out the card we are going to use and have it all set to go as soon as I get my code.  I'm in love...
Anyhow...back to the purpose of this post...
Does anyone else with small kids struggle to get good photos?  Marissa HATES to get her picture taken.  Always has, and probably always will.  I can bribe her or ask her to smile and she does, but its forced or fake or something.  You know what I mean???  After taking close to 100 pictures the other day, I finally got 2 of the 2 girls together that I liked and one of each of them singularly that I liked.  If it was just up to Madalyn we would have had it done at like picture 4...she is such a ham.  Any tips or ideas to make photo shoots more fun, and ways to get kids to smile like them???  (Does any of this even make sense...I kinda feel like I just went in circles and didn't make any sense at all! LOL)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah, the best way that Sean and I find to do kids portraits is to do them in a completely natural format... EXAMPLE: Just go to a park and have someone take their pics as they are acting naturally. If you have preset picture ideas, you can just pretend that you are playing a game with them instead of posing

Me said...

haha! Yep. . . that's be something I'm VERY familiar with! Photographing kids is all about patience, it really is. . . and knowing what makes them laugh!

Me said...

P.S. Can't wait to see your pictures, AND your card (if you post it. . .PLEASE!?)