Friday, July 11, 2014

Big Accomplishments...at least for me :)

As we talked coming home from Buffalo area on Saturday evening/Sunday morning, we decided we were going to head right back out since Doug was working in the area of Green Lakes State park.  I only unpacked what had to be and then repacked when we got home from church.  After the kids had been told of the plan and I was halfway through packing, it dawned on me that Doug was going to be working Wednesday when we had to be off the site.  I semi panicked but realized this was the time to step up and pull the camper.  This may not be the only time this sort of thing comes up.  I decided if I was going to have to pull it home, then I wanted to pull it out as well with Doug watching me to make sure I was ok.  I'm not sure how I thought that was going to help, but it gave me some peace.  Now mind you, we don't have a monster trailer, but its big enough!  I think official outside length is 26 feet 11 inches.  So I asked a lot of questions and we headed on the road.  Must to my surprise, I think it handles better when I was behind the wheel than it feels like it does from the passenger seat!  I felt super comfortable and it pulled amazing!  When it came time to pack up, I was able to remember everything (except shutting off the water pump) and get it all hooked up and off the site on time without a problem!  I lack in the confidence area a lot of time and it felt so good to accomplish this!  I don't like that much responsibility, but I feel so much better now knowing I'm capable of it.  Now if Doug calls and says hey, I'm going to be in Ithaca for the week, we can pack up and head down!  

Yesterday I got the camper emptied and totally cleaned.  I did 3 loads of laundry, folded and put away 2 and remade the beds in the camper for the next trip.  I don't have a ton to do today so I'm hoping I'll get to the pictures and get them edited.  I can't wait to share all our fun with you!  I promise by next week I will have everything in order :)  Good thing Dad has been busy or I would be in big trouble! ;)

No comments: