Thursday, October 31, 2013

New project

The girls are outgrowing all their skirts and jeans.  They won't stop growing!  So instead of going out and beginning the search for the long skirts that the girls insist on, I decided to give a pattern I found online a try.  You need two pairs of jeans....they don't have to match, just need one pair to fit well in the waist and have them be close to the same length.  

Then cut them both up the inseam, as close as you can get to the seam.


Cut the top off the one pair that you aren't using for the main skirt portion.

Pin the panels inside the main jeans

And sew!  Here is the finished project...

The girls LOVE them!

Madalyn is easier on her jeans than Marissa is so she has a few more.  I'm going to head to Salvation Army and pick Marissa up some other colors so I can make her a couple more.




These are all Madalyn's laid flat so you can see the detail on them.






And here is mine!

I sewed all 4 of the girls' skirts in about an hour!  This is sooo easy!!!!

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Awesome!! I may have to try this sometime! You can also put fabric instead of denim for the triangle pieces. Super cute!