Thursday, December 13, 2012

Conversations

I had to take Madalyn to the doctors today.  On the way there, the three older were talking up a storm.  Lucas announces from the back that he does NOT want to be a doctor when he grows up because he "doesn't want to deal with people's blood".  LOL  "I want to be a fighter-fighter instead", he says.  The car gets quiet for a while before Madalyn speaks up..."You might not want to be a fighter-fighter either Lucas, they have to deal with blood too!"  Lucas quickly responds that they deal with fire, not blood.  "No, sometimes the fighter-fighter's get to the fires and someone stayed inside the fire to long and then they are nasty bloody, right Mom?"  Sure Madalyn!  Lucas wasn't really happy with that answer so she quickly added, "Don't worry, you could still be one, because it doesn't happen ALL the time Lucas!"  LOL  The conversations these kids have cracks me up!  They are so blunt and honest and see things as black and white.  It really made me stop and think about all the kids that are watching my every move on a daily basis, listening to every word I say and how I react to every circumstance.   Am I being a good example to them?  How about you, have you stopped to think about what kids are watching you? If you don't think ANY kids are watching you, maybe you should reconsider.  Teaching Junior church and babysitting has really taught me that kids watch EVERYONE and they share their findings with ANYONE!  Don't worry, I promise not to believe or take to heart any of the dirt I hear on you if you don't believe the dirt you hear on me :)  LOL

No comments: