Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Kayaking

This past weekend, we packed up and headed to my parents' house for a little get away.  I love that when we go up there, its like vacation and a time of rest and relaxation.  This trip we had planned to go on a kayaking trip.  The girls have never been on an actually trip.  They have been in a kayak, but not in a seat of their own with their own paddle.  So we changed into swimsuits, packed up the Pilot and packed in.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of the Pilot with 3 Kayak's on top of it.  In my Dad's words, "What makes a Honda Pilot look even better?  A Honda Pilot with 3 kayaks loaded on top!"  :)

So anyway, here are some pictures of our day... 
 Marissa waiting for her turn to load in the boats.

 Madalyn waiting :)

 She looks so little!


Off they go! 




 Marissa and Doug's turn :)

 Cheese!



 "I have something for you Grandma and Mommy!"


 So pretty!

 Here they come!




 Very cool root system on this tree


 Madalyn decided to give paddling a try!

 Look at her go!

 Marissa did so great!  She is even in sync with Daddy!  :)
 Marissa doing all the work  ;)
 They did so great together!  


 Bompa and Madalyn in sync too!


What a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful some of your blog memories are ours as well since I don't develop film until I have over $100 worth of prints to print and don't know how to get them off and on to a computer :)

Sarah Benedict said...

I should give you a lesson some time. It's VERY simple and you can leave the card alone so that you can still print them. Next time we are together ok?