Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My baby is growing up!

As of Sunday Madalyn has decided that she is no longer in need of diapers, even though I just bought a brand new box from Walmart...150 of them!  She is proud as can be with her new accomplishment.  I don't even have a clue and was very unprepared for this move.  She went from being soaked every morning and peeing and pooping anytime she didn't have a diaper on to telling me that she has to go potty and actually going every time she asked.  This morning we were at the barn and she told me she had to go and actually held it till we got home.  I dug out Marissa's padded training underwear, since regular underwear doesn't come any smaller than 2T, and shrunk the tar out of it since it was still 18 months and she needs a 12 month.  I have to fold the tops down to get them to stay but she doesn't mind as long as I don't make her wear a diaper.  I found some Easy Ups at Walmart today that will work for when we are out...again a touch big, but not bad.  I'm just so shocked...Marissa wasn't hard to train but she definitely didn't train herself!  Oh and this morning the girls got to experience a calf being born.  Both had their eyes glued to the cow the whole time and didn't seem bothered.  Marissa just wanted to make sure the calf was alive and know whether it was a girl or a boy.  Madalyn was all upset because she had "poopies" on her...anything that is yucky is poop.  Marissa and I named the calf Abby and that puts us up to 9 calves now...Pretty good!  I'll post pictures next time!

No comments: