Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Madalyn :(

She is going to give me a heart attack yet!  Last week she burned herself twice.  She burned herself the first time on the heater at the barn...she didn't realize it stayed hot for a while after you turned it off.  Towards the end of the week she got up on a chair that Marissa had pulled over and use to help me cook and then proceeded to lay her hand down on the burner that I had just taken a pan off of.  She is way too fast!  I can't keep up with her!  Tonight I was washing dishes and she was laying on the living room floor with her puppy talking and next thing I know she is screaming bloody murder.  So I run over and found her on the floor with a pen next to her and blood gushing from her mouth.  I ran her to the bathroom not having a clue what she had just done.  She started choking...I wasn't sure if she gouged a tooth out or what...figured out she was just choking on all the blood.  It finally stopped bleeding and I got a good look inside and immediately called Doug's mom and Doug.  She cut the back end of the roof of her mouth about a 1/8 to a 1/4 inch deep.  We called the Level 3 EMT with Turin Ambulance and he told us what to watch for, watch what we feed her and give her Tylenol for the pain.  He said unless it was deep enough to get to her soft palate there wasn't much they could do.  I feel like a HORRIBLE mom and I'm sick to my stomach!  She isn't even two yet and she is a walking accident.  I'm going to have my hands full this summer I have a feeling.  I should have known from her start on life that she wasn't going to take the easy road!  I just needed to vent!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Oh poor momma! I hope she will be alright =( I am not sure I am ready to worry about Jimmy being able to get into stuff like that yet... yikes!!

Thanks for stopping by, our horse Gunner is a Tennessee Walker and Pegasus is an off-track Thoroughbred.

Ali said...

Oh wow, thats awesome! Gunner could use some re-training, but that is a whole story in itself...maybe I will post about it sometime if I get up the nerve =P