Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Fort Rickey

 Saturday we took a trip to Fort Rickey.  This place is definitely the girls favorite place to go.  I wasn't great with the camera :( but I did get some!  I was enjoying myself too much apparently!
We got to meet this little guy...






He is so cute!



Onto the goats....



....and a random chicken that looks like she is wearing pajama pants!

This mama kept trying to find someone that would pet her belly...she is so full!  Can you tell what side her baby is sitting? LOL
I'm kicking myself for not pulling my camera out for the end of the day "class" that the girls sat in on.  The owner sat down at a picnic table with the girls (they were the only ones that showed) and taught them about owl pellets.  He had a skeleton of a mouse and they dissected the pellets, separating out the hair and the bones to try and put the skeletons back together.  So cool...once the girls got over the "grossness".  LOL  The owner kept telling them "Its not gross!  We aren't playing with owl poop, it's just throw up!"  He is so amazing!  We appreciate the fact that not only do we get to see the animals and play on the play equipment there, but the owner is phenomenal with children and has a a great teaching ability!  If you ever get the chance to go, do it!  You won't regret it!