Thursday, June 29, 2017

A special day :)

We have been taking advantage of our summer vacation, which has been nice, but that means I haven't been taking the time to sit down and write up a blog post. :(  I'm sorry for slacking.  I wish I could promise that it would get better, but I can't.  I never know if I'm coming or going!  

Yesterday I had to take the car in to get undercoated.  My best friend Hillary had her baby, so I I took her 4 kiddos with us and Doug's Mom.  I've never been to this place before, and the guy told me there was a park across the way, so I figured we would be good to go for a couple hours.  When we arrived, we headed across the street to find no park...just grass, picnic tables, and the canal.  We ended up heading down to look at the water and saw a barge pushing a "floating dock" (I don't know what that thing is called, or even if I have the boat term correct)  Regardless, we got to watch them maneuver it for a while before we realized that there was a  lock to our left and they were lining up to use it!  We headed over to the observation area, and the kids got to watch the whole thing!  It was amazing!  We burned through the appointment time no problem!


The row boat and motor boat are a bunch of high schoolers and a coach that are rowing for charity from Albany to Buffalo!  It takes them 8 days and I guess they do it every year.  Pretty cool!



The gates are closed!

Starting to drop






Opening the gates again on the other end...




Blowing the horn for us


The kids wanted to go stand on the lock gate...



I was all good until Jeremy wanted to go across but only holding my hand...LOL  I hate heights!


Beautiful view!

I'm thankful for God providing once again!  What a great day!

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.