Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another Birthday ;)

While we were at Mom and Dad's, we celebrated the girl's birthdays.  Grandma gave the girls the infamous birthday cake books to pick their cakes from. (After offering an ice cream treat of some kind as a replacement if they decided not to do cake!  LOL)  Of course the girls pushed that quickly to the side and picked out some cakes.  My mom is amazing....she did this with all 4 of us growing up.  Every year, no matter what cake we wanted she at least attempted it once.  To the best of my knowledge, she only banned one cake.  Thats right, she is amazing!  
So the cake making began....

Building the tracks for Marissa's train.  The black electrical tape was all my idea!  
Good one huh?

I didn't get any pictures of the building process of this cake because it was too stressful!  LOL  The kids LOVED decorating it though! 


They all did such a great job!







I didn't get any pictures of Madalyn's being put together either, but hers was definitely a lot simpler.  I'm pretty sure I was holding an adorable baby ;)
Anyways, here is Madalyn's finished product.  We decided that if we ever made it again we would toast the coconut for the entire body.  It was very yummy!

Happy Birthday to you!

Madalyn needed some reinforcements for her candles.  They weren't trick candles, but she couldn't get them out!


Presents time!


They got a cake decorating station for play dough from Uncle Caleb, Aunt Cristale, Casen and Arya
They absolutely love it and have made just about everyone a custom cake.  

From Grandma and Grandpa...

Marissa is such a great big sister; she jumped right over and read Madalyn her card instead of continuing to open her gift. 


Very confused....



I think Uncle Caleb and I were more excited about them than the girls were because we knew how much fun they were already!  

They loved them though once they leaned how to do them.  We now have bug coming out of the woodworks here!  They have gotten really good and very detailed with them!



4 comments:

Sharon G. said...

You could have skipped the close up shots of 'the train'....LOL......what a fun day!!!

TheTwoThomas said...

I wanna play with the creepy crawlers! LOL I love the marshmallow at the front of the train cake - too cute!!!

Cristale said...

I love Arya's little toes hanging at the bottom of your present picture :)

Sarah Benedict said...

LOL I never even noticed them Cristale! Love baby feet :)