Friday, June 22, 2012

Staying cool :)

 When I heard that we were supposed to have a heat index of 110 degrees on Wednesday, I knew with 4 kiddos in the house I was going to have to find someway to cool them or it was going to be a miserable day.  Although I love the heat, they just seem to get cranky :)  LOL  So the day started out the way it should...
Breakfast straight from the bag, chilled out on the couch, watching some PBS kids :)

 After Gabby and Lucas arrived, I packed up the car and we headed to meet Katie and Zoe at Ager Falls to enjoy the Moose River.

Madalyn was perfectly happy to watch "her" tadpoles.  

The girls and Chloe 

Excuse the Case tail 


He is one great looking boy...especially since he turns 9 in a couple weeks!

Zoe!

Where did she go?



I didn't think Case would ever stop playing fetch 

Madalyn and one her tadpoles...although its close to being a frog because it has back legs and only a TINY tail.

She wanted to bring him home!

She was so big in the water.  She didn't think she needed any help.

Gabby and Lucas (and Lucas' buddy)

The girls and their dirt -- no surprise there!


If you pay attention, almost every picture that Lucas is in, Chloe isn't far!


Waving for Mommy :)

She likes the dirt too!  She kept trying to feed me with her shovel :)



Pals






I'm not sure where he is going with that wagon!

Drying off and taking a break.

Supervising with Aunt Sarah

LOL, I think she scrapped her foot on a rock.






Everyone had a blast!  I'm kinda surprised I didn't have 4 sleeping kids and 2 sleeping dogs on the way home.  A few of them were gone not long after I got home though!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was expecting a burnt mom picture at the end of the slide show :) I hope the heat hasn't bothered you too much<3

Sarah Benedict said...

Not at all! I love it :) My burn turned to a tan by the next morning. It looked worse than it was and never really bothered me :) It still looks a little burned but it feels like a tan.

Kate Brinkerhoff said...

I didn't know you were getting me in the photos....ewwwwwwwwwwww