Monday, May 10, 2010

Build-A-Bear!

Have any of you ever been to Build- A- Bear?  I have always wanted to go, but haven't.  Doug's Mom "claimed" the chance to take Marissa there when she was 1 and then Madalyn too after she was born.  Of course we needed to wait till they were old enough to enjoy the experience.  This year was it!  We did both the girls at the same time since their birthday is so close and the trip to the nearest site is 2 hours away.  I really had no clue what to expect.  We got their and the girls picked out their empty animals.  Madalyn didn't understand and she wanted to pick the stuffed display item.  Finally convinced her that she was going to be able to fill it herself and she chose one.  Next they moved to the stuffing machine.  They stood on a peddle and the stuffing was put in the animal they chose.  They got to pick a heart to put in their animal.  They had rub it in their hands to get it warm, jump up and down to get it beating, and kiss it to fill it with love.  They did every step as instructed.  I was kinda shocked!  Then they moved to the bathtub section.  They had to give their animal a "bath".  Again, stood on a peddle, and forced air blew on their new friends as they brushed out all the loose fur and stuffing.  They thought that was pretty cool and was probably their favorite part.  On to the dressing room!  There was soooo much to choose from.  Tops, bottoms, dresses, hats, shoes, purses, ipods, underwear....it seemed to never end.  Of course each item is individually priced so we had to set a limit.  LOL  The girls seriously had a blast as did Mom, Laurie and myself.  I wish I would have taken my camera for the act of building it but it never even crossed my mind.  Here are some pictures of what they came up with though.  
Marissa's puppy that she named "Marissa"

Madalyn's bunny that she named "Lucy"

1 comment:

Me said...

I have always wanted to do this, too, but never have. I've been thinking about taking T for her birthday - looking at your girly's creations has only further convinced me! They turned out sooooooo cute!!!