Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Long overdue post...

I know its been a while.  Whoops.  Things have been a little crazy...I know you have heard that from me before!  I have been super stressed lately and havn't wanted to post anything until I was in a different state of mind.  I HATE depressing posts!  So we are just going to skip that portion.
.................................................................................................................................................

Marissa is starting school!  My baby is starting school!  I'm in shock.  How did we get here so fast???  Thankfully she actually isn't going anywhere.  Yup, that's right.  We are doing the forbidden homeschooling option.  I had no idea how much opposition I was going to run into when we made this decision.  It doesn't really bother me and I don't really care because we are still going to do it, but I was still surprised.  Anyhow, we decided to use ACE curriculum and I have it already and have already looked it over so I know what I am doing.  Yesterday we went and got school supplies for both Marissa and Madalyn.  Madalyn has a bunch of work books that she will work on throughout the year alongside her sister.  Now that we have everything Marissa is super anxious.  She wants to start right now!  I have to admit I'm a little excited to....I have no idea why, but I am!  

Today is garden day.  I have lots to pick, blanch and freeze.  I love this time of year!  Hope you all have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Me said...

I've been wondering about you, glad to hear things are looking up over there.

THREE CHEERS for starting school! I'm so excited for you - I can't wait for updates on this, since we'll be following in your footsteps pretty soon!

Kendall said...

So exciting!! My girls start on Monday...we're hoping to do the K12 curriculum which is run by the district, free, but more advanced than the public schools and we'll supplement where we feel necessary. Keep us updated, because I know I can totally use some pointers! :D